How Do I Apply? Please visit the Building Construction Permit section of our Citizenserve Citizen Access Portal to apply online.
When is a Sign Rermit Required?
Sign permits are required for the installation of new signs. See Sign Regulations or the St. Charles County Directional and Way-Finding Signage Program.
Types of Sign Permits
- On Premise signs
- Off Premise signs
- Subdivision Monument signs
What Will I Need to Submit?
- Site plan drawn to scale containing the following information:
- A representation of the proposed sign, to scale, including the height of the sign, width, and length of sign faces and wording.
- The proposed location of the sign on the property or on the building.
- For off-premise, informational, and subdivision signs not on the development site, the following information is also required:
- The distance from the proposed sign location to any structure upon the property and adjoining street right-of-way lines, property lines, and driveway entrances.
- The distance from the proposed sign location to the nearest off-premise sign. The distance from the proposed sign location to the nearest street intersection in either direction. Large Signs
- All independently supported (not face-mounted on a building wall) signs that are larger than 64 square feet or more than 10 feet high from final grade to top of sign require that the construction plans be sealed by a Missouri professional registered engineer and that sealed structural load calculations also accompany them when submitted for a building permit.
Fees & Plan Review
Building Permit Fees (PDF)
The plan review process typically takes about 10 working days. When the permit is ready, you will be notified via email that the permit is ready for pick up as well as the final amount of the permit fee.
At least one inspection will be required. When the permit is issued, the necessary inspections required will be listed on your permit card. At the inspector's discretion, some inspections may not be applicable to the particular permit in question. The inspector will note those inspections are "N/A" at a later date.
Inspections must be called into the office by 3 p.m. the business day prior to your requested inspection date. To schedule your inspection, call 636-949-7345. If it is necessary to cancel or change your inspection, please do so as soon as possible. Also, please remember to post your permit so that it is visible from the street.