Land Use Permit

How Do I Apply?
There are two ways to apply:
When is a Land Use Permit Required?
St. Charles County requires land use permits in order to:
  • construct, alter, or repair of any building or structure; and/or
  • re-grade any area less than 5,000 square feet other than for agricultural purposes.
  • Exceptions include non-floodplain electrical permits and non-floodplain septic repair permits.
Applications for building permits also serve as a land use permit application. Consequently, a separate land use permit application should be completed only when a building permit is not required.

Please contact the St. Charles County Planning and Zoning Division at 636-949-7335 or