Why Should I Intern for St. Charles County?
The answer is simple: the opportunity to make your mark on one of the fastest growing counties in Missouri! Interns with St. Charles County are hands-on in the departments they serve, working alongside professionals who make our community a top place to live.
Our interns don't do coffee runs or make copies all day — they walk away with valuable skills, portfolio samples, professional contacts and career-building networks.
St. Charles County has paid internships and learning opportunities for college credit available from May through August every year. Check out the descriptions below for more info and how to apply! For questions, please contact Human Resources.
Additionally, all interns are invited to the following events:
- Summer Intern Kickoff - Meet your fellow interns and learn about St. Charles County.
- Midsummer Networking Roundup - Participate in career-oriented training workshops and networking opportunities.
- End of Summer Wrap-Up - Complete your internship experience with a day of fun!
Paid Internship Opportunities
Following are typical internship positions, and general timeframes, that can be available. To view internship descriptions/hours/requirements and to apply, please visit the Human Resources' Employment Opportunities website in late March/early April. Posting dates vary by position. Internships are listed on the Employment Opportunities website until filled.
For questions, please contact Human Resources. Paid internships may be used for college credit if permitted by your college or university.
- Auditing Intern (Starts June 1)
- Community Development Intern (Starts late May/early June)
- Construction Management Intern (Starts late May/early June)
- County Counselor Intern (May-August)
- Emergency Communications Intern (Starts late May/early June)
- Facilities Management Intermittent Support (Starts late May/early June)
- Finance Department Intern (Starts June 1)
- Information Systems Department GIS/Tech Services Interns (two positions; starts ASAP)
- Parks Department Intern (May-August) .
- Police Department Interns (Four positions; May-August)
- Sheriff’s Department Intermittent Support (Starts late May/early June)