Whether you plan to tour exotic locales on a family getaway, conduct international trade, or serve others in times of need, a passport is required for any travel outside the United States.
Applying for a U.S. Passport
Effective June 6, 2016, individuals may apply for U.S. passports in-person at the Department of Public Health office. First-time applications for passport books or cards can be completed while you wait or can be downloaded from the U.S. Department of State.
In addition to the completed application (please do not sign this document until meeting with our Passport Services staff), individuals must provide:
- evidence of U.S. citizenship (a previously issued and fully valid U.S. passport, a U.S. birth certificate or a certificate of citizenship are acceptable)
- a current, government-issued, photo identification
- a recent 2-inch by 2-inch color photograph. To ease this process, the photo may be taken at the Department of Public Health for $10 per person.
- Please note that all individuals (adults and children) applying for the passport must be present.
Along with the completed application and necessary documentation, all fees will need to be paid before the application process is complete.
- Application fees and any processing fees must be paid by personal check or money order, payable to the U.S. Department of State.
- Applicants must pay any execution or photography service fees separately by cash, credit card or check payable to St. Charles County Government.
Upon completion of the application and payment of required fees, Passport Services staff will submit completed applications to the National Passport Information Center, and the finished passport will be mailed to the recipient in the coming weeks.
Hours and Location
Passport service hours are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday (with extended hours until 7 p.m. on Tuesday and Thursday), as well as from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., on Saturday. Program staff will observe St. Charles County holidays.
The Passport Application service is located at the Department of Public Health office:
1650 Boone's Lick Road (Upper Level)
St. Charles, MO 63301
For more information, please call 636-949-7412.