The Department of Emergency Communications provides dispatching services for all fire and EMS agencies within St. Charles County, the St. Charles County Police Department, St. Charles County Sheriff's Department, and St. Charles County Park Rangers. The department serves the community as one of the six dispatching centers and 911 answering points located in the county, covering 592 square miles, more than 386,000 citizens, as well as visitors. Dispatchers within the department evaluate emergency and non-emergency calls for service and determine the appropriate level of response for each call, providing both the citizens and first responders with quality and professional service.
In addition to dispatching services, Emergency Communications maintains and supports the digital radio system and the Next Generation 911 phone system, both of which are used by all police, fire, EMS and public works departments within the county.
The Department's Radio and Technology Division maintains and supports the newly upgraded digital radio system and 12 transmitter/cell tower sites located within St. Charles County. This division consists of three full-time employees, including Division Manager and two technicians.
- Be prepared in case of an emergency and notify us if your business has an automatic external defibrillator (AED) on the premises with our Automatic External Defibrillator Notification Form.
- If you are a St. Charles County resident with a special medical condition, or have special instructions for entering your residence, please complete this Special Needs Notification Form.
- Field Feedback Report
- If you are a St. Charles County business that would like to receive an email or text message when fire or EMS services are dispatched to your business, follow instructions and complete the 911 Incident Notification Request form.
Dispatching Service Agencies
Emergency Communications provides dispatching services for the following law enforcement, fire and EMS agencies within St. Charles County:
- St. Charles County Police Department
- St. Charles County Sheriff’s Department
- St. Charles County Park Rangers
Fire and EMS
- Augusta Fire Protection District
- Central County Fire and Rescue
- City of St. Charles Fire Department
- Cottleville Fire Protection District
- Lake Saint Louis Fire Protection District
- New Melle Fire Protection District
- O’Fallon Fire Protection District
- Old Monroe Fire Protection District (within St. Charles County Only)
- Orchard Farm Fire Protection District
- Rivers Pointe Fire Protection District
- St. Charles County Ambulance District
- Wentzville Fire Protection District