Media / Public Information
The St. Charles County Department of Public Health welcomes the opportunity to promptly and efficiently assist the media and public with information requests. Wherever possible, the department will schedule interviews, locate expert spokespersons, forward news releases, provide up-to-date information, and answer questions relating to public health issues and their impact on St. Charles County.
Media Inquiries & RequestsFor media inquiries about divisions and programs within the Department of Public Health, please contact the department's Public Information Officer by telephone at 636-949-7408 or by email.
- Division of Environmental Health and Protection - Restaurant Inspections, Recycling Programs, Mosquito Control and more
- Division of Health Services - Disease Outbreaks, Illness Prevention, WIC Services, Vital Records, PDMP and more
- Division of Humane Services - Pet Adoptions and Animal Welfare
Interviews / Photograph Sessions
All media interviews or photography sessions with administrators, directors, and employees must be scheduled through the Department of Public Health's public information officer or the director of Public Health. During a declared Public Health Emergency, media inquiries must be directed through either the St. Charles County Department of Communications, the Department of Public Health's public information officer, or the director.
Media crews, reporters, and photographers must be accompanied by a staff member when conducting interviews or stories inside a department facility. This policy is enforced to secure the confidentiality of patients and is in concurrence with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) guidelines.
Online Media & Additional Information
For additional information on the St. Charles County Department of Public Health, please view:
- Archived News Releases: Read news involving the department.
- Facebook: Interact with the department and follow us on your cell phone, tablet or computer.
- Twitter: Follow the department (@SCCHEALTH) on your cell phone, tablet or computer.
- Health eNews: Read our monthly e-newsletter that offers information regarding public health issues affecting St. Charles County.
- Follow our blog to discover ways that the public health system works to improve the lives of the people and pets within St. Charles County.
- Health eVideos: View St. Charles County produced and department-issued videos related to public health and welfare (SCCMO-TV).
- Community Outreach and Educational Programming: Invite a member of the department to speak at your organization's next function.