CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DIP
Our May Healthy Eats recipe tastes just like your grandma's cookies, only healthier. This quick and easy-to-prepare treat goes great with fresh fruit, pretzels and other favorite dippers.
5 ounces silken tofu
3 ounces light cream cheese
2 tablespoons rolled oats
2 tablespoons unsalted peanut butter
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon milk
1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Remove tofu from package and rinse with cold water.
- Put tofu between two paper towels and place a heavy object on top to help squeeze out moisture. Wait for at least five minutes (longer is okay). Remove tofu from paper towels and pat dry with a clean paper towel.
- Put tofu in a blender. Add cream cheese, oats, peanut butter, brown sugar, vanilla, salt and milk.
- Puree until creamy smooth. You will need to scrape the sides of the blender occasionally to ensure all ingredients are combined.
- Add chocolate chips to the pureed mixture. Pulse three times to combine.
- Serve dip cold in a small bowl, alongside fresh fruit (strawberries, apple slices and bananas work great), pretzel sticks, graham crackers or other preferred dippers.
Recipe makes five servings. Each serving is 1/4 cup and contains:
6 grams protein
18 grams carbohydrates
9 grams fat
10 milligrams cholesterol
406 milligrams sodium
2 grams fiber