COVID-19 Latest News
The St. Charles County Administration Building at 201 N. Second Street in St. Charles is open to the public with normal operating hours. Access is limited to the first floor. Upon entrance to any County building, employees and the public are encouraged to wear cloth facial protection, and everyone is required to have a health screening, including temperature check, before entering. Those with a fever or who have other COVID-19 symptoms will not be permitted to enter the building. View release for more information.
The Sheriff’s Department has a representative in the lobby behind a plexiglass shield in a shared space when needed. Visitors also are encouraged to call 636-949-3010 to make an appointment in advance.
This website will be updated to reflect any changes in facility or department services. The public is encouraged to continue accessing County Government services by phone, email and online when available. Thank you.
- View a comprehensive list of online services.
- For more information about COVID-19, visit the St. Charles County Department of Public Health page.
The St. Charles County Sheriff’s Department is responsible for court services and security, prisoner transport, civil process and bailiffs.
- Civil Process is responsible for the service of court documents within the boundaries of St. Charles County. This includes eviction notices, subpoenas, orders of protection, and civil papers. Staff is comprised of nine commissioned and six civilian personnel.
- Court Services provides a safe and orderly environment throughout the St. Charles County Courthouse. Staff is comprised of 14 commissioned and eight civilian personnel.
- Prisoner Transport is responsible for the transportation of individuals to and from the St. Charles County Corrections Center and St. Charles County Courthouse. Staff includes six commissioned personnel.