COVID-19 Latest News
ATTENTION: Protecting the health of our community during the COVID-19 pandemic is a top priority for St. Charles County Government. Did you know you can visit us online to access many of our services from the comfort of your home? Click here for a full list and links.
To further protect the health and safety of the community, the St. Charles County Government Administration Building where our offices are located closed effective at 5 p.m., Tuesday, March 24, 2020, until further notice. Staff will remain on-site to conduct business, answer telephones, and assist customers with processing items online. Stay healthy and safe, and thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
For more information about COVID-19 from the St. Charles County Department of Public Health, visit sccmo.org/COVID or call the Information Hotline at 636-949-1899.
The County Auditor’s primary function as an internal auditor is to assist all members of the County Council, the County Executive and County Directors and Elected Officials in the effective discharge of their responsibilities by providing them with independent analyses, appraisals, recommendations, and pertinent comments concerning policies, practices, procedures, controls, security of assets and quality and efficiency of performance in county government.
In fulfilling this function, the County Auditor's Office will:
- Review and appraise the soundness, adequacy and application of accounting, financial, security and operating controls of all areas of the county and promote effective control at reasonable cost.
- Ascertain the extent of compliance with established policies, practices and procedures and promote improvements where possible.
- Ascertain the extent to which assets are accounted for and protected from loss.
- Ascertain the reliability of management data developed with the county.
- Appraise the quality of performance.
- Appraise the efficiency and effectiveness of operations and recommend improvements where appropriate.
The St. Charles County Auditor's office has adopted the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, the Statement of Responsibilities of Internal Auditors, and The Institute of Internal Auditors Code of Ethics. A copy is on file in the County Offices (Ordinance Number 97-105). The Auditor's Office has additional responsibilities as defined by St. Charles County's Charter and Revised Ordinances.