Contractor Licensing and Renewals

Electricians, plumbers, mechanical (HVAC) contractors, fence installers, pool installers, drainlayers, third party inspectors, and blasters are required to have a license through the St. Charles County Building and Code Enforcement Division before doing any work in the county that requires a permit.

All licensed contractors are required to be bonded and insured - this is done for the protection of the building owner that is contracting the work to be done. Permit applications must be submitted to the St. Charles County Building and Code Enforcement Division before starting work. Inspection(s) will be required before final approval is granted. Please see the pages at left for applications and requirements for each type of contractor license.