Drainlayers License Application/Renewal
How to Apply or Renew Your License
- Option 1 - Apply or renew online through the Citizenserve Citizen Access Portal. The portal will allow you to quickly enter all necessary information, as well as upload your required documents.
- Option 2 - Fill out and print this license application and other required documents and either mail it or physically bring it to our office at 201 N. Second St., Suite 412, St. Charles, MO 63301.
- Option 3 - Email the license application and required documents to email@example.com.
Paying for Your New or Renewed License
Currently, credit card payments cannot be taken online. Cash or check is accepted, and MasterCard or Visa is accepted in our offices or over the phone. If paying by credit card, a surcharge will be applied. For example, as the amount of the fee depends on the amount of purchase, when charging a $200 renewal on a MasterCard, the fee will be $5.08. On Visa, the fee is $4.68. Credit card information taken over the phone will be shredded promptly after processing. If paying by check, please make check payable to St. Charles County Building.
- Your license is not active until payment is received and all required documents have been verified.
- Starting next year (November-December 2016), applications will be accepted online only.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Please gather your required documents and submit them all at the same time.
Current Submittal Requirements
License application including signed signature sheet (Only if submitting in person, via email or postal mail. Citizenserve Citizen Access Portal users are not required to fill out a paper application. Signature sheet notarization is no longer required.)
- You may allow up to two other people to sign off on your permits. Their names and signatures go on the bottom of the signature sheet.
- Proof from Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services of valid certification as an on-site sewage disposal system contractor. Contact them at (573) 751-6400 for more information.
- One digital front facial view photograph (jpeg preferred). A passport sized photo is also acceptable.
Current bond in the amount of $10,000 with your name as Principal, not the company name.
- If the bond is NEW (i.e., the bond number is one not already have on file) an original must be on file. A new bond must be either hand delivered or mailed via postal mail to our office at 201 N. Second St., Suite 412, St. Charles, MO 63301.
- If the bond is a continuation of a previous bond, a digital copy of the continuation is sufficient.
- Current Certificate of Liability insurance in the amount of at least $500,000 per each occurrence. The certificate must show St. Charles County as certificate holder.
- Drainlayer licenses are valid for 2 years, until December 31, in years ending in odd numbers. As such, if you are first applying for your license at any time in an even numbered year, the full fee of $200 for an active license will apply. Conversely, if you apply at any time in an odd numbered year, the fee for an active license is $100.
- $25 one-time processing fee due for first time applicants.
Another license option is to go "Inactive" for a fee of $50. This option is only available to previously licensed individuals. An "inactive" license status works for those who do not expect to work in the area but it is still a possibility. This status keeps the license "current" while not requiring bonds or liability insurance. If the licensee should get a job in the County, all that is required is the current license fee ($200 or $100, depending on what year in the cycle it is), along with current bond and liability.
Towards the end of a license cycle, around November 15, renewal reminder notices will be emailed. This is a courtesy as it is the licensee's responsibility to keep their license up-to-date and in good standing. As such, license applications and payments MUST be postmarked on or before December 31 or a late fee of $50 will be applied. For each month thereafter, up to 6 months total, a late fee of $50 a month will be charged.
For example, this means that if you do not renew your license until the July after it was due, the fee for that license would be $200 plus $300 in late fees.
Additionally, if a license remains expired for two (2) or more code cycles (codes cycles last three years), licensee will be required to re-test with the International Code Council.