- Departments A–F
- Community Development
- Contractor Licensing and Renewals
- Pool Installers License Application/Renewal
Pool Installers License Application/Renewal
How to Apply or Renew Your License
To apply or renew your license, there are a couple options to choose from:
- Option 1 - Apply or renew online through the Citizenserve Citizen Access Portal. The portal will allow you to quickly enter all necessary information, as well as upload your required documents.
- Option 2 - Fill out and print this license application (PDF) and other required documents and either mail it or physically bring it to our office at 201 N. Second St., Suite 412, St. Charles, MO 63301.
- Option 3 - Email Building Permits Division the license application and required documents .
Paying for Your New or Renewed License
Currently, credit card payments cannot be taken online. Cash or check is accepted, and MasterCard or Visa is accepted in our offices or over the phone. If paying by credit card, a surcharge will be applied. For example, as the amount of the fee depends on the amount of purchase, when charging a $200 renewal on a MasterCard, the fee will be $5.08. On Visa, the fee is $4.68. Credit card information taken over the phone will be shredded promptly after processing. If paying by check, please make check payable to St. Charles County Building.
- Your license is not active until payment is received and all required documents have been verified.
- Starting next year (November-December 2016), applications will be accepted online only.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Please gather your required documents and submit them all at the same time.
Current Submittal Requirements
- License application (PDF) (only if submitting in person, via email or postal mail. Citizenserve Citizen Access Portal users are not required to fill out a paper application.)
- Current bond in the amount of $20,000 with the company name as Principal.
- If the bond is NEW (i.e., the bond number is one not already on file), an original must beon file. A new bond must be either hand delivered or mailed via postal mail to our office at 201 N. Second St., Suite 412, St. Charles, MO 63301.
- If the bond is a continuation of a previous bond, a digital copy of the continuation is sufficient.
- Current Certificate of Liability insurance in the amount of at least $500,000 per each occurrence. The certificate must show St. Charles County as certificate holder.
- Pool Installer licenses are valid for 2 years, until December 31, in years ending in even numbers. As such, if you are first applying for an electrical license at any time in an odd numbered year, the full fee of $200 for an active license will apply. Conversely, if you apply at any time in an even numbered year, the fee for an active license is $100.
After receiving your application, required documents, and license fee, your license will be activated and you will receive a receipt.Also included will be a license certificate.