COVID-19 Latest News (Updated June 16, 2020)
The St. Charles County Administration Building at 201 N. Second Street in St. Charles is now reopen to the public with normal operating hours. Access is limited to the first floor. Upon entrance to any County building, employees and the public are encouraged to wear cloth facial protection, and everyone is required to have a health screening, including temperature check, before entering. Those with a fever or who have other COVID-19 symptoms will not be permitted to enter the building. View release for more information.
- The Recorder of Deeds has a representative in the lobby behind a plexiglass shield in a shared space when needed. Due to processing time, the last in-person marriage license application will be accepted at 4:30 p.m.
- The Recorder of Deeds Research Room is open to the public. Visitors should check in at the Recorder of Deeds desk on the first floor of the Administration building to be escorted to the room. Gloves and hand sanitizer will be available. For questions, please call 636-949-7505.
This website will be updated to reflect any changes in facility or department services. The public is encouraged to continue accessing County Government services by phone, email and online when available. Thank you.
- View a comprehensive list of online services.
- For more information about COVID-19, visit the St. Charles County Department of Public Health page or call the Information Hotline at 636-949-1899.
Electronic Document Recording (eRecording) is an option for title companies, law firms, banks and other businesses to electronically submit their documents through an eRecording vendor. The document is electronically returned to the vendor after it has been recorded by the Recorder of Deeds Office.
Benefits of eRecording
- Document tracking and security
- Fewer rejections
- Documents recorded and returned same day
- Electronic payment
Documents NOT eligible for eRecording:
- Plats (only eligible with Simplifile)
- Surveys (only eligible with Simplifile)
For further information about eRecording or to set up an account, contact one of these four vendors: