We provide employment and training services to area adults, youth and veterans. Our goal is to help people enter or re-enter the labor force, reinforce and expand their marketable skills, and as a result, find increased employment and earning opportunities in St. Charles County and Metro St. Louis.
Visit one of our Career Consultants for assistance with:
- Career exploration
- Job searching
- Resume critique
- Interviewing skills
- Community resources
- Financial aid for skills training (if eligible and appropriate)
- Using Jobs.Mo.Gov, our state-wide job search database
- Using Talify, a web-based platform that connects you with career opportunities based on skills, interests and personality traits
- Preparing for and finding job fairs
- Veteran assistance: Veteran Representatives are available to meet one-on-one for your job search needs.
Other services/programs include:
- Registered Apprenticeship: Earn while you learn in this time-honored approach to training and employment.
- Internships: Experts say college students who complete an internship (or two or three) are more likely to have jobs waiting for them when they finish school.
- On-the-Job Training (OJT) Program: Based on skills and career interests, some job-seekers qualify for our OJT Program that reimburses your employer a portion of your salary at a new job during your initial training period. Companies that hire eligible OJT candidates could receive up to a 50 percent reimbursement of the wages earned by new employees for up to six months.
- Youth programs: Eligible candidates 16-24 years of age with little to no work experience can earn money while learning valuable employment skills and job search strategies. To see if you are a good candidate for this work experience program and for a complete list of eligibility requirements, call 636-255-6060 and ask for the Youth Department. (Must be a St. Charles County resident, meet federal income poverty guidelines and/or have a qualifying barrier to employment.)
- HiSet Preparation: Formerly known as GED, classes for HiSet (High School Equivalency Test) are held at the Missouri Job Center of St. Charles County in collaboration with St. Charles Community College and other local partners. Start dates are scheduled throughout the year.