|PLEASE NOTE: Effective July 20, 2020, the Department of Public Health office at 1650 Boone’s Lick Road will close for several months to enable building improvements. For assistance with department programs, please utilize online/phone services. In-person services and appointments are expected to resume soon. Thank you for your patience.|
COVID-19 Latest News - Updated July 13, 2020
Vital Records and the Passport Program are temporarily closed. Vital records can still be obtained by mail or online – please visit our “How to Obtain Records” webpage for more information. Additionally, for those born in Missouri, Vital Records may also be obtained at any health department in the state.
You may download and complete the application below and mail the completed application to the U.S. State Department according to their instructions.
Whether you plan to tour exotic locales on a family getaway, conduct international trade, or serve others in times of need, a passport is required for any travel outside the United States.
Applying for a U.S. Passport
Effective June 6, 2016, individuals may apply for U.S. passports in-person at the Department of Public Health office**. First-time applications for passport books or cards can be completed while you wait or can be downloaded from the U.S. Department of State.
In addition to the completed application (please do not sign this document until meeting with our Passport Services staff), individuals must provide:
- Evidence of U.S. citizenship (a previously issued and fully valid U.S. passport, a U.S. birth certificate or a certificate of citizenship are acceptable)
- A current, government-issued, photo identification
- A recent 2-inch by 2-inch color photograph. To ease this process, the photo may be taken at the Department of Public Health for $10 per person.
- Please note that all individuals (adults and children) applying for the passport must be present.
Along with the completed application and necessary documentation, all fees will need to be paid before the application process is complete.
- Application fees and any processing fees must be paid by personal check or money order, payable to the U.S. Department of State.
- Applicants must pay any execution or photography service fees separately by cash, credit card or check payable to St. Charles County Government.
Upon completion of the application and payment of required fees, Passport Services staff will submit completed applications to the National Passport Information Center, and the finished passport will be mailed to the recipient in the coming weeks.
Hours and Location
Monday-Friday By-Appointment Only**
1st Saturday of the month 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.** (CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE)
2nd Tuesday of the month 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.** (CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE)
**Please be aware: It takes approximately 30 minutes to complete your application. Therefore, no applications will be accepted from individuals within 30 minutes of our posted closing hour. Those needing to process 3 or more applications at one time should call 636-949-7412 before visiting the Passport Office.
Program staff will observe St. Charles County holidays.
The Passport Application service is located at the Department of Public Health office:
1551 Wall Street, Third Flood
St. Charles, MO 63303
Please note: This facility is temporarily closed.
For more information, please call 636-949-7412.