What is a Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing Permit?
- Water heaters
- Air conditioners
- Electrical service upgrades
- Temporary electric services
- Plumbing repairs/changes
- Water service repairs/installations
- Sewer lateral repairs/installations
- Lawn irrigation
- Fire sprinkler/alarms on commercial projects
How do I apply?
To apply for a mechanical/electrical/plumbing permit, please visit the Building Construction Permit section of our Citizenserve Citizen Access Portal.
What will I need to submit?
- The names/business names of contractors that will be conducting work on the project
- Estimated cost of construction
Fees and Plan Review
At least one inspection is required. When the permit is issued, the necessary inspections required will be listed on your permit card. At the inspector's discretion, some inspections may not be applicable to the particular permit in question. The inspector will note those inspections are "N/A" at a later date.
Inspections must be called in the Community Development office by 5 p.m. the business day prior to your requested inspection date. To schedule your inspection, call 636-949-7345. If it is necessary to cancel or change your inspection, please do so as soon as possible. Also, please remember to post your permit so that it is visible from the street.
If you have any questions, please contact the St. Charles County Building and Code Enforcement Division at 636-949-7345.