The St. Charles County Police Department (SCCPD) offers exciting and rewarding career opportunities to candidates who have the skills and determination to succeed in the law enforcement profession.
NOW HIRING POLICE OFFICERS!
Click here for more information and to apply.
Police Department Benefits
Employment with the SCCPD provides the regular benefits of County employment, including:
- $62,878.02 starting salary and take-home patrol car
- Lateral pay adjustment for previous law enforcement experience
- $1,000 annual uniform allowance
- 136 hours PTO accrual within the first year, plus holidays and extended medical leave
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- LAGERS-LT8 retirement plan
- Optional 457 plan and 401a (with up to 4% County matching)
- Fully equipped 24-hour fitness facility
- Tuition assistance, plus salary increases with education attainment
Police Officer Testing
The testing process consists of the following components:
- Written/Video Exam
- Physical Agility Test
- Oral Board Interview
Applications must pass each component to move on to the next component. Scores from each component will be tabulated to determine the applicants' final ratings, at which point candidates will be added to the Eligibility List accordingly.
Testing Dates: April 17, May 15, June 5 (evening testing)
Please call Human Resources at 636-949-7320 to sign up for a testing date.
Job Opportunity Help
For more information on job opportunities with the SCCPD and other County departments, visit the St. Charles County Human Resources Department page or call the job opportunities hotline at 636-949-7320, 24 hours a day.