Off-Leash Dog Areas (aka Dog Parks) are unique fenced areas that offer an opportunity for your pet to interact with other area dogs. There is no charge for using the facilities, but dogs must be licensed and have an updated immunization record. Be prepared to show proof upon entering.
These areas are available at:
- Broemmelsiek Park - 1795 Highway DD, Defiance, MO 63341
The nearly 5-acre area features a covered shelter, grove of shade trees and a small pond for dogs to splash and play.
- Quail Ridge Park - 560 Interstate Dr., Wentzville, MO 63385
The 2.5-acre area features two separate areas for large and small dogs, covered shelter, and water available near the parking lot.
- Veterans Tribute Park - 101 Kisker Rd., St. Charles, MO 63304
The 3-acre area is divided into two separate areas for large and small dogs. Water is available outside the main fence.
Dog Park Rules / Etiquette
- Owners are legally responsible for their dogs and for any injuries or damage they may cause.
- Keep your dog on-leash while entering and exiting the dog park. Dogs must remain on-leash while outside the dog park facility.
- Limit 3 dogs per person within the off-leash dog area.
- No children under the age of 8 are allowed inside the off-leash dog area.
- Owners and guests may not bring food, treats, or glass inside the dog park.
- Never leave your dog unattended.
- Dogs must be licensed and immunized before entering the dog park.
- Please clean up after your dog. Doggie bags are provided within the park.
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted.
- Female dogs in heat and puppies under four months of age are not allowed inside the park.
- Additional rules are posted at the off-leash dog area.
Weather-Related Dog Park Closures
To protect the dog parks from damage, the St. Charles County Parks Department is forced to close them in times of inclement or wet weather, or during extreme freeze/thaw conditions. To learn the status of dog parks before you visit, please call or visit the park Rainout Line listed below.
For questions, please contact the St. Charles County Parks Department at 636-949-7535 or by email, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. For updates on parks and weather conditions, call the Rainout Line at 636-707-0011 or view online.