For more than 30 years, St. Charles County has been the fastest growing part of the St. Louis region and the fastest growing county in Missouri. With a population rapidly approaching 400,000, our community is the regional leader when it comes to new housing starts, job creation, low unemployment, business-friendly environment, infrastructure development and public safety.
From award-winning start-ups to global giants like General Motors, Boeing, Citi and MasterCard Worldwide, you will find a great place to grow your business and your life in St. Charles County, Missouri.
Demographics are more than just numbers. They represent real people who live, work, play, learn, invest and grow in a community. They also provide contextual data to showcase why residents, businesses and others have chosen to experience the success and award-winning quality of place found in St. Charles County.
- Complete Demographic Summary Report, September 2018
- Demographic Snapshot Summary Report, September 2018
- Mosaic Index Summary Report, September 2018
- Household Units Summary Report, September 2018
- Income by Age Summary Report, September 2018
- Consumer Expenditure Summary Report, September 2018
- Business Summary Report, September 2018
- Business Major Industry Summary Report, September 2018
With an estimated 9,000 public and private employers in St. Charles County, some of our largest for-profit organizations include:
- General Motors
- MasterCard Worldwide
- The Boeing Company
- Ameristar Casino Resort Spa
- Enterprise Holdings
- True Manufacturing
- GC Services
- Client Services
Some of our largest not-for-profit employers include:
- Fort Zumwalt School District
- Francis Howell School District
- SSM St. Joseph Health Care
- Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital
- St. Charles County Government
- St. Charles Community College
- St. Charles School District
- Wentzville School District
- SSM St. Joseph Hospital West
- City of O'Fallon
- Lindenwood University
Sites and Buildings
Find the commercial land or buildings your business needs to grow and succeed in St. Charles County!
Local business incentives in St. Charles County are handled on a case-by-case basis by the municipality where the business project is located. State incentives are managed by the Missouri Department of Economic Development and the Missouri Partnership.
St. Charles County Government offers an economic development program through the County Road Board to fund critical roadway infrastructure improvements for major business development proposals.
Quality of Place
Every community says it has great business opportunities, safe communities, top notch schools and hospitals, and outstanding parks and recreation. For St. Charles County and our local communities, we are honored to receive awards and accolades each year for our area's livability, affordability, health and wellness, as well as our dynamic and growing local economy by outside experts like Money Magazine, Inc., Forbes and others. We invite you to experience the quality of place that is St. Charles County!
St. Charles County Government is pleased to work closely with numerous outstanding economic development organizations, departments and individuals all dedicated to the same goals of smart growth and diverse success at the local, state and national levels. Some of our key partners include: