Interstate Drive - PHASE 1
This project involves improvements along Interstate Drive from Quail Ridge Park to the intersection of Prospect Road/Duello Road. Proposed improvements include:
- Reconstruct and widen the existing roadway to standard 12-foot lanes with 6-foot shoulders to provide safer travel and an improved driving surface.
- Improve drainage facilities and sight distance along the corridor.
- Extend the 10-foot multi-use path from Quail Ridge Park to Prospect/Duello Road.
- Add sidewalk along Prospect Road and Duello Road to connect existing sidewalk facilities to the new 10-foot multi-use path.
- Upgrade the intersection at Prospect/Duello Road with a roundabout to improve traffic flow and accommodate continued expansion along the corridor.
Phase I is the final of a five-phase construction plan along Interstate Drive. Phase II included improvements from Quail Ridge Park to Route Z. Phase III included improvements from Route Z to Hepperman Road. Phase IV, currently in the right-of-way acquisition phase, will extend Interstate Drive from its terminus just east of South Point Prairie Road to Hepperman Road. Phase V, completed in December 2020, connects Interstate Drive to the new David Hoekel Parkway west to Schaper Road.
The project is funded by St. Charles County’s ½-cent Transportation Sales Tax and with Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) Surface Transportation Program-Suballocated (STP-S) funding. The engineering design consultant is Oates Associates, Inc. The project is estimated to cost approximately $4.35M.
Contact Chris Bostic, Engineering Design Manager, at 636-949-7305 or email@example.com, with questions about the project.
Right-of-Way Plans have been approved by MoDOT. Notice to Proceed with Right-of-Way acquisition was granted in December of 2021. Negotiations initially went fairly quickly. Now only 3 parcels remain outstanding and should hopefully settle soon. Construction will likely start in early 2023 after ROW has been cleared and MoDOT has approved the final plan package.