Operations and Support Services
The Operations and Support Services Division provides administrative, financial and budgetary services for the department as a whole. Operations and Support Services personnel work hand-in-hand with the Custody and Security Division to coordinate the services and day-to-day functions of the department.
Commissary provides the inmates/detainees the opportunity to make personal purchases of a variety of items using personal funds. The St. Charles County Department of Corrections (SCCDOC) provides every incarcerated individual with regular meal services, clothing, and basic hygiene items. Inmates/detainees having personal funds in their account may choose to purchase other items, such as: additional food/drink items, radios, headphones, additional clothing items, hygiene items, paper, envelopes, and writing materials.
The Food Services Section is responsible for providing nutritious and well-balanced meals for the inmates/detainees in the care and custody of the SCCDOC, as well as for juveniles in the custody of Juvenile Justice Services.
Food Services prepares more than 400,000 meals annually. The Food Services Section produces high quality meals for routine meal service, and meets the needs of those with special diets associated with identified medical needs or recognized religious faiths.
Our support staff members are responsible for coordinating a variety of programs designed to address the more individual needs of inmates/detainees in the custody of the SCCDOC. Programs available include:
- Religious services: Materials and holiday service programming, the Volunteer Ministers Program is open to clergy members who wish to volunteer their time for one hour on Sundays and are approved to minister in the facility. Contact the Religious Services Coordinator for an application form at 636-949-3003, ext. 4612.
- Pastoral visits: Special clergy visits are allowed with proper authorization. A request form must be submitted for each visit.
- Educational Programming- GED/Hi-set classes, Moral Reconation Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Substance Abuse Programs- Alcoholic Anonymous, Narcotic Anonymous, Heroin Anonymous
- Public Defender applications for incarcerated individuals
- Notary public services: Provided to inmates/detainees at no charge
You can contact a caseworker by calling 636-949-3003 and selecting Option 3.