COVID-19 Latest News

The St. Charles County Highway Department Building at 301 N. Third Street in St. Charles is open to the public with normal operating hours. Upon entrance to any County building, employees and the public are encouraged to wear cloth facial protection, and everyone is required to have a health screening, including temperature check, before entering. Those with a fever or who have other COVID-19 symptoms will not be permitted to enter the building. View release for more information.

This website will be updated to reflect any changes in facility or department services. The public is encouraged to continue accessing County Government services by phone, email and online when available. Thank you.

The St. Charles County Highway Department maintains and improves existing public county roads, constructs new roads, and provides snow removal and oversight of the public right-of-way.

The department is comprised of approximately 118 employees, including laborers, equipment operators, technicians, engineers and administrative staff.

County Streets/Roads

County roads are any public road located outside the jurisdiction of the various cities in the County and that are not part of the state system.

State Maintained Highways

The state highway system includes any numbered (I-70, Route 94, etc.) or lettered route (Highway K, Highway DD, etc.). The state is also responsible for the traffic signals along these highways and overpasses. You may contact them at 314-275-1500 or 888-ASK-MODOT.

Municipality Maintained Roads

Streets within cities are typically maintained by the city, with the exception of smaller municipalities such as Cottleville, Weldon Spring, St. Paul, etc., who contract with the County Highway Department to have their streets maintained. View the current municipality boundary map (PDF). Cities that conduct their own maintenance are:

  • Town of Augusta: 636-228-4689
  • City of Lake Saint Louis Public Works Department: 636-695-4221
  • City of O’Fallon Street Division: 636-379-3808
  • City of St. Charles Street Division: 636-949-3363
  • City of St. Peters Street Department: 636-477-6600, ext. 340
  • City of Wentzville Street Division: 636-639-2060