COVID-19 Latest News
Visitors to County buildings are required to review a health screening checklist before entering. Those with COVID-19 symptoms and/or known exposure to someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 14 days should remain at home. The public is strongly encouraged to continue accessing County Government services by phone, email and online when available.
- View a comprehensive list of online services.
- For more information about COVID-19, visit the St. Charles County Department of Public Health page or call the Information Hotline at 636-949-1899.
Request for Proposal
Public Use of Surplus Fill Material
St. Charles County is seeking requests from County residents interested in acquiring surplus “fill” material for their personal use. The County on occasion has a surplus of excavated fill material that needs to be disposed of to keep the Highway Department functioning efficiently. View additional information and download request form (PDF).
The St. Charles County Highway Department maintains and improves existing public county roads, constructs new roads, and provides snow removal and oversight of the public right-of-way.
The department is comprised of approximately 118 employees, including laborers, equipment operators, technicians, engineers and administrative staff.
County roads are any public road located outside the jurisdiction of the various cities in the County and that are not part of the state system.
State Maintained Highways
The state highway system includes any numbered (I-70, Route 94, etc.) or lettered route (Highway K, Highway DD, etc.). The state is also responsible for the traffic signals along these highways and overpasses. You may contact them at 314-275-1500 or 888-ASK-MODOT.
Municipality Maintained Roads
Streets within cities are typically maintained by the city, with the exception of smaller municipalities such as Cottleville, Weldon Spring, St. Paul, etc., who contract with the County Highway Department to have their streets maintained. View the current municipality boundary map (PDF). Cities that conduct their own maintenance are:
- Town of Augusta: 636-228-4689
- City of Lake Saint Louis Public Works Department: 636-695-4221
- City of O’Fallon Street Division: 636-379-3808
- City of St. Charles Street Division: 636-949-3363
- City of St. Peters Street Department: 636-477-6600, ext. 340
- City of Wentzville Street Division: 636-639-2060