Tax Sale Information

In accordance with Chapter 140 of the Revised Statutes of Missouri (RSMo), the St. Charles County Collector of Revenue holds an annual Tax Certificate Sale on the fourth Monday of August. Opening comments begin at 10 a.m. CDT.

The sale is held at the:

St. Charles County Administration Building
201 N. Second St., Room 116
St. Charles, MO 63301


Anyone wishing to bid at the sale must fill out an Application for Bidding at the Tax Certificate Sale and complete a statement of non-delinquency. Pre-register by completing and submitting the PDF form to the Collector's Office prior to the date of the Tax Sale. The application must be signed in the presence of a notary. A notary is available in the Collector's Office, 8 a.m.–5 p.m., Monday–Friday, to notarize the statement/application free of charge. Verification of no delinquencies will be made. Pre-registered bidders will receive paddles in the sale room the day of the sale. Bidder paddles will be issued on the day of the sale.

Any non-resident and/or business wishing to bid at the sale must execute a designation of resident agent and the resident agent must execute an Agent Appointment Acceptance.

Minimum bid for parcels being offered the first, second, or third time will be the amount outstanding on the PIN (Property Identification Number) plus $24 to cover the Recording Fee of the Certificate of Purchase. Parcels being offered for the subsequent to third time will be sold in accordance with Section 140.260.8 RSMo.

Calling for a Collector’s Deed

After the statutory period of redemption has passed, the holder of a Tax Certificate may call for a Collector's Deed. The requirements of Chapter 140 RSMo must be fulfilled before a Deed is issued. The Certificate of Purchase must be surrendered to the Collector's Office along with an executed Certificate of Value (PDF) and an executed Affidavit of Notification. The Recording Fee of approximately $30 must also be remitted in cash to the Collector's Office when the Deed is called for.