Housing and Social Assistance Programs
St. Charles County Government has a variety of housing and social assistance programs funded by federal and local resources. The eligibility requirements and application processes vary based on the funding source. From the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, St. Charles County Government has been awarded Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), Home Investment Partnership program (HOME) and Housing Voucher (Section Eight) grants. From local resources, the County allocates Homeless, Indigent, Project CARE, Domestic Violence funds.
St. Charles County Government administers these funds via several advisory boards and commissions (Community Assistance Board, Domestic Violence Board, Commission on Housing Assistance) and contracts with non-for profit organizations and /or local agencies to administer day-to-day operations of these programs.
If you need more information about the programs and how to apply, click on the following links based on your need:
COVID-19 Assistance for Residents Experiencing Financial Hardship
- CDBG-CV Public Services Program Information
- Resource List from the Community Council of St. Charles County
- Resource List from the St. Charles County Department of Public Health
If you need rent or mortgage assistance due to a COVID19-related financial hardship, please contact the Coordinated Entry housing crisis team by telephone (2-1-1) or email for a needs assessment and placement in services.
State Assistance for Housing Relief (SAFHR) Program
The State Assistance for Housing Relief (SAFHR) Program provides rent and utility assistance for households who have been impacted by COVID-19. Eligible tenants can apply for financial assistance to be paid directly to their landlord or utility provider. Financial assistance includes rent and utility arrears for the period beginning April 2020 and up to 3 months of forward rent and prepaid fuel utility assistance. The tenant must not owe rental arrears beyond any requested rental arrears through this program in order to apply for forward rent assistance. In order to receive utility assistance, tenants must have an invoice from the utility provider to support the request. Total assistance any tenant receives through SAFHR cannot exceed a period of 12 months.
- Down Payment Loan Program (HOME)
- NECAC Homeownership Counseling Program
- HABITAT Homeownership Program
Home Repair Assistance
- Clean Slate Electric and Gas Program
- Housing Choice Vouchers Program (Section 8)
- Homeless Prevention Program (CDBG)
- Affordable Rental Program (CDBG)
- Transportation Services Program (CDBG)
- MoRIDES Transportation Referral Service
- ITN Gateway
- Women, Infants & Children (WIC)
- Food pantries
- Meals on Wheels
- Domestic violence assistance
- Child support services
- Maternity housing