Committed to protecting and enhancing the health and quality of life for all members of the community, the Department of Public Health responds through actions by three divisions - Health Services, Environmental Health and Protection, and Humane Services. To achieve this goal, the department coordinates with federal, state, and local organizations to provide a wide range of services that have a profound impact on the lives of St. Charles County’s residents and visitors each day.
The Division of Environmental Health and Protection monitors organizations that affect the health and safety of consumers and natural resources. Programs include:
The Division of Health Services promotes the well-being of St. Charles County citizens. Programs include:
- Travel Clinic - helping you avoid illness and hassle during international travel.
- Flu vaccination and monitoring to prevent the spread of the illness.
- Lab testing to promote long-term health
- Nutritional education and supplemental food for women and children (WIC)
- Health education classes and community outreach
- The issuance of Missouri birth and death records and applications for U.S. passports.
The Division of Humane Services adopts pets into loving homes and enhances the welfare of animals throughout St. Charles County. Programs include:
The Division of Environmental Health and Protection presents 24 Carrot Gold Food Safety Excellence Awards to seven local establishments for 2018. Read on...
Vaccination is the most effective first step in building immunity against influenza. Other steps to protect you from the flu illness include washing hands, covering mouths and staying home when you're sick. Read on...