Want to Serve Your Community and Make Extra Money?
The St. Charles County Election Authority needs Election Judges to work at the polling places within St. Charles County. Election Judges are a vital part of the voting process. They work at polling locations on Election Day, sign in registered voters, explain procedures, provide ballots, and monitor the election.
Election Judges are paid positions.
- Supervisory Judges: $260/day
- Election Judges: $210/day
All judges receive additional pay for attending mandatory training.
Election Judges must meet the following qualifications (RSMo 115.085):
- Declare one of the two major political parties (Democratic or Republican).
- Be a registered voter.
- Attend a mandatory training class before working at the polls.
- Be able to work from 5 a.m. until after the polls close at 7 p.m. on Election Day.
- Be able to help set up voting booths and be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Be willing to work anywhere in the county.
Please note: Election Judges who are on the ballot or have a relative within the second degree on the ballot cannot serve at any polling location that has that ballot. They may still serve at another polling location where they or their family member is not on the ballot.
If you would like to apply and receive more information on becoming an Election Judge, please submit an Election Judge Application Form, contact our office at 636-949-7550, or email us.