Bureau of Operational Support
This bureau is comprised of:
- St. Charles Regional SWAT Team: The St. Charles County Regional SWAT Team is a regional team that encompasses members from the county law enforcement agencies, under the direction of the St. Charles County Police Department. The St. Charles County Regional SWAT Team maintains a specially trained unit of officers for response to complex, difficult and unique situations, typically of a life-threatening nature, where advanced training and the use of non-typical weapons and tactics may be required. The SWAT Team supports law enforcement agencies within the county of St. Charles and any other requesting law enforcement agency with a tactical response to critical incidents.
- Fugitive Unit: The Fugitive Unit is responsible for the location and apprehension of wanted persons for judicial proceedings.
- St. Charles County Bomb Disposal Unit: The St. Charles County Bomb Disposal Unit is responsible for examining, disarming and disassembling potentially explosive devices. The unit is comprised of five Hazardous Device Technicians who undergo extensive training for certification. All unit members are certified by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).The BDU is available 24/7 and primarily responds to calls for any improvised explosive device (IED) or suspicious packages, and the recovery of unexploded military ordnance.
- Training Unit: The Training Unit ensures commissioned and civilian staff receive advanced training and professional development to enhance their knowledge base, improve job performance, and maintain certifications.
- St. Charles County Law Enforcement Training Center: The Training Center is staffed by commissioned instructors who oversee the facility’s daily operations and provide advanced skill-based training programs for local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies. Training programs include the Firearms Training Program, In-Service Training, outside agency training, and department-hosted training.
- Metro Air Support Unit: The Metro Air Support Unit is a multi-jurisdictional unit that provides helicopter patrol and search and rescue services to citizens of the Greater St. Louis Metropolitan Area. Learn more here.