- Governance and Boards
- Boards and Commissions
- Board of Equalization
Board of Equalization
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
- Donald Boehmer
Term Expires: January 30, 2023
- John R. Matlick
Term Expires: January 30, 2025
- Noretta A. Steinhoff
Term Expires: January 30, 2024
About the Board
The County Executive appoints 3 members to serve a 3-year term. Each member shall have some level of experience in 1 of the following:
- Real estate broker
- Real estate appraiser
- Home builder
- Property developer
- Lending officer
- Real estate investor
Things to Know
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions, all hearings will be conducted by phone to ensure the well-being of all citizens.
- Appeal forms (PDF) must be received or postmarked no later than 5 p.m. the second Monday in July.
- Make certain the appeal form is complete. Missing information could delay the appeal process.
- It is necessary for you to submit evidence with the appeal form to support your opinion of value. Such evidence may include but is not limited to current photographs, written appraisals or opinion letter from a realtor, market comparables, closing statement, sales contract, construction costs, cost of capital improvements, and costs to cure items of deferred maintenance.
- Income producing property should include supporting income and expense information. Such information may include but is not limited to historical income and expenses, rent roll, income and expense pro forma, and comparable rentals.
- Failure to submit your supplemental documentation may result in a no-change. However, the right to appeal to the State Tax Commission will remain open. Cancelled, withdrawn or dropped appeals cannot be appealed to the State Tax Commission.
- Any submissions will not be returned.
- Governed by County Ordinance Section 120.150 through 120.230.
- Agent Authorization Form (PDF) is available online.