Business Licenses and Applications
State-wide license sold for one-month, three-month, six-month, or 12-month periods. (Missouri Revised Statute 343.010)
Required for organized cycling events in St. Charles County with required approval by the St. Charles County Chief of Police. $25 fee. (Chapter 270 – Ordinance 10-091)
Required for operation of a ferry within St. Charles County. Initial term of one year and then three-year renewal. (Chapter 650)
Itinerant Vendor License
Regulates the activities issued as four-day-only permit. $20 fee. Requires approval of the County Registrar and the Director of Community Development.
To obtain a liquor license with St. Charles County, please visit the Citizenserve Online Portal. The Registrar no longer accepts applications in person or by mail.
- Apply for your liquor license within your municipality first. Those in unincorporated areas within St. Charles County should apply with the State of Missouri first.
- After receiving your municipal liquor license(s) (if applicable), apply for the State liquor license by visiting the Missouri Division of Alcohol and Tobacco Control website.
- All County liquor licenses are processed online through Citizenserve. Before applying online, please have your State liquor license and business personal property tax receipt or waiver from the County Assessor readily available to upload. No liquor licenses will be issued without this information. Review the Liquor License Citizenserve Instructions for more information.
- Pay the proper fees on Citizenserve:
- Credit card (processing fee based on the amount)
- Check: Apply online and then mail your check to St. Charles County Government, Office of Registrar, 201 N. Second Street, St. Charles, MO 63301. Please make your check payable to St. Charles County, and add the Liquor License Number issued from Citizenserve in the Memo section of your check.
- You will receive your County liquor license by email once payment has been received and the license approved.
Liquor License Requirements and Information
- A current or renewed State of Missouri liquor license is required to process a County liquor license.
- Businesses located in unincorporated areas of the county with "By the Drink" licenses must pay additional filing fees.
- A Managing Officer Change is a $30 fee. There is no fee for a Managing Officer Change with an annual license renewal.
- County liquor licenses expire at midnight, July 31.
- All applicable filing fees and licensing fees are nonrefundable.
For questions concerning your County liquor license, contact the County Registrar at 636-949-7560.
Medical Marijuana Business License
Required for all medical marijuana cultivation, dispensary, infused products manufacturing, testing and transportation facilities (Chapter 405, Ordinance 19-061). Please see the Medical Marijuana Facilities page for more information about opening a facility.
Merchant and Manufacturer’s License
Required for all retailers, wholesalers, and manufacturers in St. Charles County per State of Missouri Statute 150.010. Annual renewal. (St. Charles County Ordinance 04-133)
Regulates the activities issued as four- or seven-day permit. $20 fee. Requires approval by St. Charles County Chief of Police. (Chapter 606 – Ordinance 10-073)
Required for operating a towing business physically located in St. Charles County or that conducts more than 50 percent of wrecker or tow services in St. Charles County. Required approval by St. Charles County Chief of Police with a yearly renewal. (Chapter 608 – Ordinance 03-011)