Business Licenses and Applications
State-wide license sold for one-month, three-month, six-month, or 12-month periods. (Missouri Revised Statute 343.010)
Required for organized cycling events in St. Charles County with required approval by the St. Charles County Chief of Police. $25 fee. (Chapter 270 – Ordinance 10-091)
Required for operation of a ferry within St. Charles County. Initial term of one year and then three-year renewal. (Chapter 650)
Itinerant Vendor License
Regulates the activities issued as four-day-only permit. $20 fee. Requires approval of the County Registrar and the Director of Community Development.
If you have applied for a state liquor license, you must also apply for a County liquor license.
How to Obtain a County Liquor License
- Apply for municipality liquor license.
- Apply for the Missouri Division of Alcohol and Tobacco liquor license by calling 314-877-0480 or visiting their website.
- When you have received the liquor license(s) from the state, bring the license(s) to the Office of the County Registrar along with a paid business personal property tax receipt or a business personal property tax waiver if the business is new. No licenses will be issued without proper proof.
Liquor License Requirements/Information
- A current or renewed State of Missouri liquor license is required to process a County liquor license. (Chapter 600 - Ordinance 94-88)
- All liquor license applications must be signed before a notary public or at the Office of the County Registrar for a $3 fee.
- Please make check payments payable to St. Charles County. Cash (in person) or credit (with a processing fee) also are accepted as payment.
- Businesses located in unincorporated areas of the County with "by the drink" licenses must use the unincorporated extended application and pay additional filing fees.
- Managing Officer Change: $30 fee. Annual liquor license renewals do not require a Managing Officer Change fee.
- County liquor licenses will expire at midnight, July 31.
- All applicable filing fees, licensing fees and notary fees are nonrefundable.
- Liquor License Fees and Information (PDF) – Updated June 2018
- Incorporated Liquor License/Abbreviated Liquor License Application (PDF) – For businesses located in incorporated county, and for all other liquor licenses per Missouri Liquor Control guidelines not mentioned in unincorporated liquor license requirements. This includes:
1. Incorporated County
2. Unincorporated County for Package Liquor Sales
3. All Picnic and Catering Events
4. A Managing Officer Change
- Unincorporated Liquor License Application (PDF) – Please note that only businesses located in unincorporated county that require a retail liquor license by the drink and/or Sunday by the drink need to complete this extended application. All questions on the applications must be answered completely.
For questions concerning your County liquor license, contact the County Registrar at 636-949-7560.
Merchant and Manufacturer's License
Required for all retailers, wholesalers, and manufacturers in St. Charles County per State of Missouri Statute 150.010. Annual renewal. (St. Charles County Ordinance #04-133)
Regulates the activities issued as four- or seven-day permit. $20 fee. Requires approval by St. Charles County Chief of Police. (Chapter 606 – Ordinance 10-073)
Required for operating a towing business physically located in St. Charles County or that conducts more than 50 percent of wrecker or tow services in St. Charles County. Required approval by St. Charles County Chief of Police with a yearly renewal. (Chapter 608 – Ordinance 03-011)