PLEASE NOTE: The Department of Public Health has returned to its 1650 Boone's Lick Road office and is now open for limited appointments and public services. For information on programs, please call 636-949-7400.
Those interested in visiting St. Charles County County buildings who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or who have a known exposure to someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 14 days should remain at home. The public is strongly encouraged to continue accessing County Government services by phone, email and online when available.
We hope that you will remain healthy and safe, and we thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
COVID-19 Latest News - Updated April 1, 2021
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Department of Public Health is suspending services for our Immunizations Clinic. For information on Immunization Clinic services, please call 636-949-1857.
All clients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Please bring a current immunization record to the visit.
Tips for Making Your Immunization Clinic Visit Less Stressful
Before the Visit
- Read material about the vaccines you or your child may receive and write down any questions you may have.
- Locate your family's immunization records and bring this with you for all individuals receiving vaccinations during this visit.
- Pack along a toy, book, blanket or other comfort item for your child.
- Be honest with the child about the reason for the clinic visit and encourage family members (especially siblings) to offer support.
At the Clinic
- Arrive on time.
- Take opportunities to distract and comfort your child by holding them, singing and pointing out interesting things to see in the clinic room.
- Allow the child to hold their favorite toy or blanket or to read a book during the visit.
- Ask the medical professional all questions you may have about the vaccination and receive appropriate answers to your questions.
- Continue to encourage and support your child. Never scold them for "not being brave." or crying.
- Review the Vaccine Information Sheet to be aware of possible side effects, and monitor the place where the shot was given.
- Provide lots of liquid refreshment, as some vaccines may cause the individual to eat or drink less than normal.
- If you notice any abnormal reactions or if something concerns you, please call your medical provider.