- Departments H–W
- Public Health
- Health Services Division
- Immunization Appointments
The services provided through the Immunization Clinic are available to all. Appointments are required for vaccinations through the clinic. The Department of Public Health cannot accommodate anyone who has not scheduled an appointment for services through the Immunization Clinic.
Please call us at 636-949-1857 to schedule a convenient time during available hours and to discuss what you should expect to occur during your visit. Please note: Some services are temporarily suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
All clients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Please bring a current immunization record to the visit.
1650 Boone's Lick Road (Lower Level)
St. Charles, MO 63301
Tips for Making Your Immunization Clinic Visit Less Stressful
Before the Visit
- Read material about the vaccines you or your child may receive and write down any questions you may have.
- Locate your family's immunization records and bring this with you for all individuals receiving vaccinations during this visit.
- Pack along a toy, book, blanket or other comfort item for your child.
- Be honest with the child about the reason for the clinic visit and encourage family members (especially siblings) to offer support.
At the Clinic
- Arrive on time.
- Take opportunities to distract and comfort your child by holding them, singing and pointing out interesting things to see in the clinic room.
- Allow the child to hold their favorite toy or blanket or to read a book during the visit.
- Ask the medical professional all questions you may have about the vaccination and receive appropriate answers to your questions.
- Continue to encourage and support your child. Never scold them for "not being brave." or crying.
- Review the Vaccine Information Sheet to be aware of possible side effects, and monitor the place where the shot was given.
- Provide lots of liquid refreshment, as some vaccines may cause the individual to eat or drink less than normal.
- If you notice any abnormal reactions or if something concerns you, please call your medical provider.