PLEASE NOTE: The Department of Public Health has returned to its 1650 Boone's Lick Road office and is now open for limited appointments and public services..
Please be aware that building restrictions are in place. Upon entrance to any County building, employees and the public are encouraged to wear cloth facial protection, and everyone is required to have a health screening, including temperature check, before entering. Those with a fever or who have other COVID-19 symptoms will not be permitted to enter the building.
This website will be updated daily, when necessary, to reflect any changes in facility or department services. The public is encouraged to continue accessing County Government services by phone, email and online when available. Thank you.
We hope that you will remain healthy and safe, and we thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
COVID-19 Latest News - Updated December 15, 2020
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Department of Public Health is suspending walk-in services for our Immunizations Clinic. A limited number of appointments can be scheduled by calling 636-949-1857.
A limited number of Immunization appointments are available during the COVID-19 pandemic. To schedule an appointment with the Immunization Clinic, please call 636-949-1857.
All clients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Please bring a current immunization record to the visit.
Tips for Making Your Immunization Clinic Visit Less Stressful
Before the Visit
- Read material about the vaccines you or your child may receive and write down any questions you may have.
- Locate your family's immunization records and bring this with you for all individuals receiving vaccinations during this visit.
- Pack along a toy, book, blanket or other comfort item for your child.
- Be honest with the child about the reason for the clinic visit and encourage family members (especially siblings) to offer support.
At the Clinic
- Arrive on time.
- Take opportunities to distract and comfort your child by holding them, singing and pointing out interesting things to see in the clinic room.
- Allow the child to hold their favorite toy or blanket or to read a book during the visit.
- Ask the medical professional all questions you may have about the vaccination and receive appropriate answers to your questions.
- Continue to encourage and support your child. Never scold them for "not being brave." or crying.
- Review the Vaccine Information Sheet to be aware of possible side effects, and monitor the place where the shot was given.
- Provide lots of liquid refreshment, as some vaccines may cause the individual to eat or drink less than normal.
- If you notice any abnormal reactions or if something concerns you, please call your medical provider.