Missing / Found Pets

The St. Charles County Pet Adoption Center is limiting visitation with our animals and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic. Those interested in reporting lost/stray animals or recovering missing pets will need to go through a screening process. Please review our database of found pets on this web page and make an appointment to visit our facility by calling 636-949-7387.

Please be aware that building restrictions are in place. Upon entrance to any County building, employees and the public are encouraged to wear cloth facial protection, and everyone is required to have a health screening, including temperature check, before entering. Those with a fever or who have other COVID-19 symptoms will not be permitted to enter the building. Browsing of animals inside the Pet Adoption Center is not permitted at this time.

Those wishing to surrender a pet should call 636-949-7467 for assistance. Your call will be returned within 48 hours.

Where Do Collected Pets Go?

Lost and stray dogs and cats picked up in unincorporated St. Charles County and most municipalities are kenneled at the Pet Adoption Center. The City of St. Peters (636-278-2255), City of O’Fallon (636-240-3200) and the City of Wentzville (636-327-5105) operate their own animal control units, but they house their recovered animals at the Pet Adoption Center. The City of St. Charles (636-949-3395) operates its own animal control program and houses its animals at their facility.

If You Lost Your Pet

If you have lost a pet, please call us at 636-949-7387 and visit the Pet Adoption Center during business hours.

Although we do take phone calls, it is very important that you also visit the shelter in person! Our facility holds over 150 animals, and it is often very difficult to be sure whether or not an animal matches a caller’s description.

Search our Database of Found Pets

  1. Visit PetHarbor.com.
  2. Enter your City Name or Zip Code (or the zip code where your pet may have gone missing)
  3. Click "Lost my Pet"
  4. Click on the type of animal.
  5. Click on our facility "St. Charles County Humane Services" and any other shelters you would like to search. Then click "Search Selected Shelters."
  6. Use the drop-down choices to further define your animal, and then click "Search Now."
  7. Review our photo database. Please understand that many pets look alike, so you will need to visit our facility in person for verification.