- Departments H–W
- Public Health
- Environmental Division
- Basic Food Safety Classes & Resources
Basic Food Safety Resources
Food Service Sanitation
To register for a food safety or sanitation class, please call 636-949-1800.
Basic Sanitation Certification
Length: Around 2.5 Hours
Designed for owners and employees of area food service organizations, these certification classes will provide sanitation information for all food handlers. Anyone preparing, serving, transporting, warehousing, stocking, or handling food in any manner should complete this course. You may complete one of these ANSI accredited courses.
ServSafe™ Applied Food Service Sanitation
Designed to introduce food service professionals to the foundations of food safety, the curriculum is produced by the Educational Foundation of the National Restaurant Association and is based upon the U.S. FDA Model Food Code. The St. Charles County Food Code requires that all food service establishments employ at least 1 person during all hours of operation that has successfully completed this Manager Certification Course (or a similar course that is approved by the Department for food protection).
Food Safety and Sanitation Explanation for Temporary Food Service Providers
Watch our video and complete the quiz at the end to ensure that your group recognizes the important role that food safety and sanitation play in becoming a successful temporary food provider at area festivals, organization fundraisers and other special events. A Temporary Food Service Provider is an establishment that sells or gives away food products at the same location for 14 days or fewer. At least one supervisor, and preferably all those handling food products, should complete this training prior to the event operation.
- Barbecuing and Food Safety (PDF)
- Boil Notice Operations for Food Establishments (PDF)
- Commissary and Food License (PDF)
- Consumer Advisory Requirement (PDF)
- Cooling Potentially Hazardous Foods Properly (PDF)
- Demonstration of Knowledge (PDF)
- Employee Health Guidelines (PDF)
- Employee Reporting Agreement (PDF)
- Food Safety during a Power Outage (PDF)
- Food Safety for Persons with HIV AIDS (PDF)
- Food Safety While Outdoors (PDF)
- Holding Temperatures (PDF)
- Hot Dogs and Food Safety (PDF)
- Manual Dishwashing Procedure (PDF)
- Plumbing and Cross Connection Control (PDF)
- Posting Consumer Advisory_ Retail Grocery Seafood Departments (PDF)
- Proper Cooking Temperatures (PDF)