What is Accepted?
Aluminum beverage cans are the most recycled item in the United States, but many other types of material may be recycled. Here are just a few of the items* that can be recycled through the Recycle Works facilities.
- Paper products, including cardboard
- Electronic equipment, including computers and appliances
- Glass bottles and products
- Clothing and other textiles
- Selected plastics, except PVC and individual plastic bags
- Rechargeable batteries (no alkaline batteries accepted)
- Fluorescent tubes and light bulbs (from residents only)
- Hazardous Household Waste material
*Disclaimer: All material collected at the Recycle Works facilities becomes the property of St. Charles County. The Division of Environmental Health and Protection reserves the right to not accept, change fees, or stop accepting any materials at any time and without advanced notice.