CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRY BREAKFAST BARS
Our April Healthy Eats recipe presents another quick and easy-to-prepare treat for you and your family to enjoy. Start your morning off right with this crispy, chewy and nutritious treat that is full of flavor.
Click here or the box above to watch the video.
2 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 cups rice cereal
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
1 cup (5 ounces) dried cherries
- Line a 13" x 9" baking dish with parchment paper (allow paper to hang over the sides of the dish).
- Combine oats, cereal and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt peanut butter, chocolate chips, coconut oil and honey in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir frequently to mix well and prevent burning.
- Pour melted mixture over the oats/cereal. Stir to combine and coat cereal mixture.
- Add dried cherries and fold gently to combine.
- Pour into baking dish and spread evenly.
- Place dish in refrigerator. Chill for at least three hours to set.
- Remove from dish. Cut into 28 pieces (approximately 1" x 3" in size) and serve.
Recipe makes 28 servings. Each serving is approximately 1" x 3" in size and contains:
3 grams protein
19 grams carbohydrates
7 grams fat
0 milligrams cholesterol
70 milligrams sodium
2 grams fiber