December 27, 2022 - January 7, 2023
Recycle Natural Christmas Trees in St. Charles County
Tuesday, December 27, 2022
Recycling natural Christmas trees after the holiday celebration extends that tradition and gives a beneficial gift to the community. When recycled, natural trees can be used as fish habitat in area lakes, chipped wood paths along natural surface walking trails, mulch and more.
Please remove the tree stand, all decorations, lights, and any packaging before bringing trees to any of the following locations for recycling:
St. Charles County Recycle Works
- Recycle Works Central, 60 Triad South in St. Charles
- Recycle Works West, 2110 East Pitman Avenue in Wentzville
Both locations are open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Dec. 27 to Jan. 7 (closed Jan. 1 and 2, 2023)
Additional Tree Collection Sites in St. Charles County
- St. Charles County’s Quail Ridge Park (Group Picnic Area), 560 Interstate Drive in Wentzville. Open 7 a.m. to sunset Dec. 27 – Jan. 12.
- Founders Park, #7 Freymuth Road in Lake Saint Louis. Open sunrise to sunset Dec. 26 – Jan. 15.
- Heartland Park, 100 William Dierberg Drive in Wentzville. Open during park hours Jan. 2 – 20.
- Progress Park, 968 Meyer Road in Wentzville. Open during park hours Jan. 2-20.
- Rotary Park, 2577 West Meyer Road in Wentzville. Open during park hours Jan. 7 – 14.
Additional Items Accepted at Recycle Works
Recycle Works complements curbside recycling efforts and accepts many items at little to no cost to St. Charles County residents throughout the year. Residents may bring these materials to either facility during open hours:
- Holiday Leftovers and Unwanted Decorations: Cardboard boxes, wrapping paper, light strands and plastic or metal decorations are accepted at no charge.
- Traditional Recyclables: Aluminum, tin cans, most plastics, clean and useable clothing or other textiles, cardboard and dry paper goods, and more are collected at no charge.
- Electronic Goods: Items accepted include large and small kitchen appliances, computers and accessories, televisions and monitors, cellular phones and accessories, and more. Some materials are recycled at no charge, while others require a per unit fee.
For a complete list of items accepted or for more information, visit sccmo.org/RecycleWorks or call 636-949-1800.