To protect the health and safety of the community and help mitigate the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), the St. Charles County Government buildings and facilities listed below closed to the public effective at 5 p.m., Tuesday, March 24, 2020, until further notice. Staff remain on-site to conduct business, answer telephones, and assist customers with processing items online. Future announcements will be made about public meetings typically held in these facilities.
For a list of online services available through St. Charles County Government, visit https://www.sccmo.org/OnlineServices. Visit https://www.sccmo.org/Directory for a list of department and division phone numbers or call the main switchboard from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, at 636-949-7900.
For more information about COVID-19 from the St. Charles County Department of Public Health, visit https://www.sccmo.org/COVID or call the Information Hotline at 636-949-1899.
County Buildings and Facilities Closed to the Public:
• Administration Building at 201 N. Second St. in St. Charles
• County Parks: While park open spaces, as well as natural, paved and multi-use trails for hiking, biking and equestrian use, fishing lakes, and disc golf courses will remain open, indoor meeting facilities, playgrounds, dog parks, drinking fountains, restrooms, campsites, cabins and shelters, as well as The Heritage Museum at 1630 Heritage Landing in St. Peters and Youth Activity Park at 7801 Hwy. N. in Dardenne Prairie, will close. The gift shop at The Historic Daniel Boone Home at 1868 Hwy. F in Defiance also will close to the public and tours of the home are suspended.
The Parks Department continues to suspend Parks programs until further notice. Parks staff will contact guests who have camping and shelter reservations affected by these closures. Parks are open daily from 7 a.m. until 30 minutes past sunset, and guests visiting are encouraged to practice proper social distancing to prevent the spread of the virus.
• County Police Department at 101 Sheriff Dierker Ct. in O’Fallon: The In-House officer is available for questions. Records, concealed carry weapon (CCW) permits, evidence viewing, and property retrieval are closed. Fingerprinting is available only on Wednesdays from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
UPDATE 4.3.20: In response to the evolving COVID-19 pandemic, effective Monday, April 6, the St. Charles County Police Department will suspend in-person sex offender registration. Registrants are required to call 636-949-3000, ext. 4451 or 636-949-3016 to complete their check-in or new registration. This operational change will be in effect until further notice.
UPDATE 4.6.20: Pursuant to Missouri Governor Michael Parson’s Executive Order 20-07, all penalties for late renewal applications for concealed carry permits are waived until June 1, 2020.
• Department of Public Health at 1650 Boone’s Lick in St. Charles
• Executive Building/Historic Courthouse at 100 N. Third St. in St. Charles
• Family Arena box office at 2002 Arena Pkwy. in St. Charles
• Highway Department at 301 N. Third St. in St. Charles
• Juvenile Justice Center at 1700 S. River Rd. in St. Charles
• UPDATED 4.20.20: Municipal Court at 399 Turner Blvd. in St. Charles: The court has suspended all court sessions until May 15. The court will notify any defendant that is currently scheduled for a suspended court session via U.S. Mail of rescheduled court dates. A link to pay tickets online is available through https://www.sccmo.org/MunicipalCourt and courts.mo.gov/casenet, or call 800-444-1187.
• Pet Adoption Center at 4850 Mid Rivers Mall Dr. in St. Peters: Open for appointments only to reclaim lost animals.
• Recycle Works Centers at 60 Triad South Dr. in St. Charles and 2110 E. Pitman Ave. in Wentzville: Both centers remain open; however, the offices are closed to the public. Items that require payment or help to unload will NOT be accepted; this includes televisions, computers, miscellaneous electronics, bulbs, appliances, and Household Hazardous Waste. Recyclables still accepted at both facilities include paper, cardboard, plastic, tin, aluminum, clothing, oil, antifreeze, cooking oil, and Recycle Works West accepts glass.
Additional and Earlier Building Announcements
• UPDATED 3.25.20 - Corrections (County Jail) at 301 N. Second St. in St. Charles closed to the public as of 7 a.m. on Thursday, March 26, until further notice. The lobby will not be accessible for video visitation or Jail ATM services.
Inmate visits were suspended on March 16. Attorney visits with inmates will continue to be permitted; however, the location, days and times may be modified from the current procedures. These modifications will be determined by the Director of Corrections.
Families can visit https://www.sccmo.org/Corrections for more information on how to access Jail ATM for bail, inmate account deposits, and video chat services. For questions, please call Corrections at 636-949-3003.
• Election Authority at 397 Turner Blvd. in St. Peters: Office remains open for essential services, including absentee voting, candidate filing, and voter registration.
• UPDATE 4.6.20: Missouri Job Center/Workforce and Business Development at 212 Turner Blvd. in St. Peters: The center closed to the public on Friday, March 20, 2020, until further notice. The center will continue to be staffed. Signs have been posted on the doors directing customers to call 1-888-728-JOBS (5627) or locally, 636-255-6060, or go online to https://www.jobs.mo.gov to access resources until further notice.
• Prosecuting Attorney, Public Administrator and Public Defender at 300 N. Second St. in St. Charles: Visit their websites or call for questions and information:
o Prosecuting Attorney: 636-949-7355, https://www.sccmo.org/ProsecutingAttorney
o Public Administrator: 636-949-7315, https://www.sccmo.org/PublicAdministrator
o Public Defender: 636-949-7300, https://www.sccmo.org/PublicDefender