The Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission (MHTC) awarded the Interstate 70 Cave Springs to Fairgrounds (CSFG) Design-Build Project to Millstone Weber of the City of St. Charles. The total project cost is $62 million, $10 million of which comes from the County’s 1/2-cent Transportation Sales Tax. The current roadway design and inefficient traffic flow have restricted connectivity and hindered economic development for decades.
The improvements to the interchanges at Cave Springs and Zumbehl Road are a critical part of an ongoing effort to revamp the I-70 corridor, which was built in the 1950s and ‘60s. Learn more about the project on MoDOT’s website.
The question before you on the April 5, 2022 ballot is whether to reauthorize the County’s ½-cent Transportation Sales Tax (Prop R for Roads). This is a no tax increase proposal that will support:
- Major projects for continued growth.
- Safety improvements and congestion relief.
- Leverage of state and federal funding.
- Getting state projects shovel-ready.
- Construction of new roads and repair and reconstruction of existing roads.