January 13, 2016
Contact: Colene McEntee, Public Affairs Coordinator, 636-949-1864, firstname.lastname@example.org
Division of Emergency Management encourages unincorporated residents affected by the December 2015 flooding and heavy rain to arrange for pickup as soon as possible
St. Charles County, Missouri – Unincorporated St. Charles County is participating in the State Flood Debris Removal Program, “Operation Recovery.” The joint state-federal program assists participating communities in the St. Louis region with debris removal after the historic rains and flooding that occurred in late December 2015. Municipalities participating in the State Flood Debris Removal Program are listed at http://www.mo.gov/flood-recovery. If you live in one of these municipalities, and not in unincorporated St. Charles County, please contact your municipal government about their participation in the program.
The St. Charles County Police Division of Emergency Management is asking affected residents in unincorporated St. Charles County to contact the division through the phone number or website below to arrange for flood and heavy rain-related debris pickup. Submissions will be forwarded to the State Flood Debris Removal Program liaison to coordinate removal:
• Phone: call 636-949-7498, listen to the voicemail instructions, and leave a message
• Web: visit www.sccmo.org/flood to fill out and submit an online form, and for tips on cleaning your home
To help the State Flood Debris Removal Program process go smoothly, the Division strongly encourages affected residents to arrange for pickup as soon as possible. Debris pickup may occur one day to several days after calling or filling out the online form to make arrangements. Residential flood and heavy rain-related debris removal will take place on an ongoing basis until the program ends (date to be determined).
Please note the following guidelines, instructions, and tips:
• Debris must be properly sorted and placed on the curb before it is removed. Curbside pickup will not occur on private roads. For debris sorting, safety and placement instructions, as well as a list of accepted items, please visit the State Flood Debris Removal Program website at http://www.mo.gov/flood-recovery. Children and pets should not be in or around flood or heavy rain-related debris.
• Only residential homes are eligible for pickup.
• This program is ONLY for flood and heavy rain-related debris - requests for other types of debris removal from homes unaffected by flooding and heavy rains cannot be granted.
• If you have special needs and need assistance moving flood and heavy rain-related debris, please call United Way 211 (dial 2-1-1 or 1-800-427-4626).
For questions about the program, please contact the St. Charles County Police Division of Emergency Management at 636-949-3023 or email@example.com.