February 24, 2017
Contact: Nancy Lee Gomer, Marketing Coordinator, 636-949-7535, email@example.com
St. Charles County, Missouri – The St. Charles County Parks and Recreation Department is seeking nominations for its Outstanding Volunteer Awards through March 17, 2017. The awards will be presented at the Parks Department’s annual Volunteer Appreciation Night held during National Volunteer Appreciation Week, April 23-29.
“The St. Charles County Parks Outstanding Volunteer Awards honor and recognize park volunteers who have made a substantial impact to our regional parks system and the community,” says St. Charles County Parks Director Bettie Yahn-Kramer.
To qualify, nominees must have assisted with volunteer projects that encompass natural resources and the environment; trail maintenance; forestry and horticulture; or education and historical presentation. The group or individual nominees must be currently active or must have engaged in St. Charles County Parks volunteer activities for a minimum of one year. Nominees cannot be previous award winners.
Nominees should exemplify outstanding enthusiasm, time, talent and effort to diligently preserve and conserve the natural and historic resources of St. Charles County for the recreational benefit and enjoyment of our citizens. Awards will be given in the following categories:
- Individual – an individual who volunteers
- Family – a family that volunteers together on the same project
- Group/Organization – a group or organization of two or more citizens that volunteer together on the same project(s) under a group or organization name
- Youth – a citizen (age 17 or younger) who volunteers
- Senior – a citizen (age 55 or older) who volunteers
- Corporate/Business – a corporation or business whose employees have made a substantial impact in the community by effectively engaging in a volunteer park project together.
- Faith-Based – a faith-based organization whose members have made a substantial impact in the community by effectively engaging in a volunteer park project together.
- Lifetime Achievement – an individual volunteer who has exhibited a lifelong commitment to volunteerism and preserving nature and history in St. Charles County Parks. Nominees must have made a substantial and long-term sustainable impact on the parks system as a result of their volunteer efforts.
Award selections are based on the nominee’s volunteer efforts and commitment of time, accomplishments and park and community impact. Winners will receive a plaque and recognition during a special park volunteer reception on Thursday, April 27.
To nominate a volunteer or group that meets the criteria outlined above, submit a nomination form to the Parks Department no later than March 17. The forms can be found on our website at www.stccparks.org. The forms may be submitted via email, or a printed copy may be mailed, postmarked no later than March 3, to:
St. Charles County Parks Department
Outstanding Volunteer Nomination
201 North Second St. – Suite 510
St. Charles, MO 63301
For more information, contact Parks Marketing Coordinator Nancy Lee Gomer at 636- 949-7535.