April 4, 2018
Contact: Nancy Lee Gomer, Marketing Coordinator, 636-949-7535, or 636-795-1137, email@example.com
St. Charles County, Missouri – If it’s Friday night—grab your bike, a light and let’s hit the trails tonight! Join St. Louis Area Mountain Bikers (SLAMB) and Gateway Off-Road Cyclist (GORC) for a new season of night rides in a St. Charles County park each month. These challenging rides are free, open to experienced cyclists, and offer an opportunity to ride the area’s most popular bike trails after hours.
Led by volunteers from SLAMB and GORC, the guided-rides through the park begin on April 20 and run through Dec. 28, 2018. Each ride typically lasts three hours; however, the length of the ride is dependent on the environment and trail conditions, number of riders, ability levels, and number of volunteer leaders. The rides begin at the trailhead of each park and signage is posted along the road to direct participants to the starting location. Riders must wear helmets and have a 600 lumen light to participate. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
Upcoming rides are scheduled as following:
- April 20, 8–11 p.m. at Broemmelsiek Park, 1795 Highway DD, Defiance
- May 4, 8–11 p.m. at Matson Hill Park, 670 Matson Hill Road, Defiance
- May 18, 8–11 p.m. at Indian Camp Creek Park, 2679 Dietrich Road, Foristell
- June 1, 8–11 p.m. at Broemmelsiek Park
- June 15, 8–11 p.m. at Matson Hill Park
- June 29, 8–11 p.m. at Indian Camp Creek Park
- July 13, 8–11 p.m. at Broemmelsiek Park
- Aug. 3, 8–11 p.m. at Matson Hill Park
- Aug. 17, 8–11 p.m. at Indian Camp Creek Park
- Aug. 31, 8–11 p.m. at Broemmelsiek Park
- Sept. 14, 7:30–10:30 p.m. at Matson Hill Park
- Sept. 28, 7:30–10:30 p.m. at Indian Camp Creek Park
- Oct. 12, 6:30–9:30 p.m. at Broemmelsiek Park
- Oct. 26, 6:30–9:30 p.m. at Matson Hill Park
- Nov. 9, 6:30–9:30 p.m. at Indian Camp Creek Park
- Nov. 30, 6:30–9:30 p.m. at Broemmelsiek Park
- Dec. 14, 6:30–9:30 p.m. at Bangert Island, 1704 South River Road, St. Charles
- Dec. 28, 6:30–9:30 p.m. at Bangert Island
Registration is not necessary, but encouraged. Those planning to participate should check the Rainout Line on the website, or call 636-707-0011, prior to the start time. Heavy rain, even days before the event, can make natural surface trails unusable. For more information, visit www.stccparks.org and click on the activity registration link.