Nominate an Outstanding Volunteer
The St. Charles County Parks and Recreation Department is seeking nominations for its Outstanding Volunteer Awards through March 17, 2017. The awards will be presented at our annual Volunteer Appreciation Night held during National Volunteer Appreciation Week, April 23-29.
To qualify, nominees must have assisted with volunteer projects that have to do with natural resources and the environment; trail maintenance; forestry and horticulture; or education and historical presentation. The group or individual nominees must be currently active or must have engaged in St. Charles County Parks volunteer activities for a minimum of one year. Nominees cannot be previous award winners.
Awards will be given in the following categories:
- Individual – an individual who volunteers
- Family – a family that volunteers together on the same project
- Group/Organization – a group or organization of two or more citizens who volunteer together on the same project(s) under a group or organization name
- Youth – a citizen (age 17 or younger) who volunteers
- Senior – a citizen (age 55 or older) who volunteers
- Corporate/Business – a corporation or business whose employees have made a substantial impact in the community by effectively engaging in a volunteer park project together.
- Faith-Based – a faith-based organization whose members have made a substantial impact in the community by effectively engaging in a volunteer park project together.
- Lifetime Achievement – an individual volunteer who has exhibited a lifelong commitment to volunteerism and preserving nature and history in St. Charles County Parks. Nominees must have made a substantial and long-term sustainable impact on the parks system as a result of their volunteer efforts.
To nominate a volunteer or group that meets the outlined criteria, submit a nomination form to the Parks Department no later than March 17. The forms can be found on our website at www.stccparks.org
. The forms may be submitted via email, or a printed copy may be mailed, postmarked no later than March 3, to:St. Charles County Parks Department
Outstanding Volunteer Nomination
201 North Second St. – Suite 510
St. Charles, MO 63301
For more information, contact Parks Marketing Coordinator Nancy Gomer at 636- 949-7535.