I am selling an existing, licensed establishment. What do I need to do?

If you are selling your establishment, you should make the new owners aware of any uncorrected violations from previous inspection reports. These items must be repaired before a new license will be issued. It is also helpful to provide these persons with product information on the equipment in the facility, as well as the name of any service contractors that are familiar with the equipment history. You should also contact the Division of Environmental Health and Protection 636-949-1800 and inform us as to the change in ownership, so that your name is removed from our system.

Show All Answers

1. Who needs to get a food establishment license in St. Charles County?
2. What are the steps I need to take to obtain a food establishment license?
3. I am purchasing an existing, licensed establishment. What will I need to do?
4. How often do food service inspections take place?
5. Are inspections announced and scheduled in advance, or are they unannounced?
6. What is a food safety certification course, and where can I take this?
7. What documents do I need to have on display during the year and for my inspection?
8. What if I have a question about my inspection?
9. Are food service inspection reports made public?
10. I wish to remodel my establishment. Do I need to contact the department?
11. I am selling an existing, licensed establishment. What do I need to do?
12. What is a Frozen Dessert License, and where can I obtain this?
13. What if my establishment wishes to serve liquor? What must be done?