How can I apply to the County to rezone my property?

To request that the County change the zoning classification for any property, a property owner (or agent for the property owner) can submit an application and copy of their deed to rezone their property along with the application fee. Using the County Master Plan as a guide, County staff will refer the application to the Planning and Zoning Commission with a staff recommendation. After holding a public hearing and taking public comments, the Planning & Zoning Commission will forward the application and its recommendation to the County Council. The County Council will either approve or deny the application. Rezoning a property is typically a three-month process. Visit the Rezoning webpage for more information on the steps to rezone properties.

Show All Answers

1. How can I determine if my property is located in unincorporated St. Charles County?
2. Where on my property can I build?
3. How can I determine how my property is zoned?
4. How can I apply to the County to rezone my property?
5. Will improvements to my property require a Floodplain Development Permit?
6. How do I open a business?
7. How do I obtain approval to operate a business from my home?
8. How can I subdivide my property?