Where on my property can I build?

County Planning and Zoning staff can provide you with the minimum setback requirements for improvements to your property. The specific development standards are contained within the Unified Development Ordinance. St. Charles County’s Zoning Illustrated can be very useful for understanding these regulations. The County also provides online guidance about installing fences and swimming pools.

Show All Answers

1. How can I determine if my property is located in unincorporated St. Charles County?
2. Where on my property can I build?
3. How can I determine how my property is zoned?
4. How can I apply to the County to rezone my property?
5. Will improvements to my property require a Floodplain Development Permit?
6. How do I open a business?
7. How do I obtain approval to operate a business from my home?
8. How can I subdivide my property?