Until we learn more about how this virus affects animals, treat pets as you would other human family members to protect them from a possible infection:
- Do not let pets interact with people or other animals outside the household.
- Keep cats indoors when possible to prevent them from interacting with other animals or people.
- Walk dogs on a leash, maintaining at least 6 feet from other people and animals.
- Do not gather in groups and avoid crowded locations.
- Wash hands with soap and water if you do handle animals or their food, supplies or waste.
Should you be concerned that your pet was exposed to COVID-19 or if you have any concerns about your pet’s health, please consult your veterinarian.